Dear Church Family and Community,
We wanted to take a minute to give you a written update on where we are at as a church with COVID-19. During this time in our community and world it can feel like things are being driven by fear and unknown, but as followers of Jesus we are not going to operate from, or be driven, by fear. We strive to be driven by the Holy Spirit, as it says in 2 Tim 1:7 “For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self discipline.”
In saying that though, we do want to be sure that we are being smart and taking actions to keep ourselves and those of our community safe. With that in mind we want to let you know of a few things that we are doing, and what is happening for some elements of our service in the coming week and weeks.
- As of right now, the evening of March 13th, we are going to have service on March 15th at 10:15 am.
- We will have 1st grade and up in the sanctuary for family worship.
- We will have additional hand sanitizer available in the welcome area for people to use.
- We are encouraging people to bump elbows or fists instead of shaking hands or hugs.
- For the next couple of weeks we will not be passing offering plates. We will have plates available after service, and digital giving is up and running on our website.
- Once service has started volunteers will wipe down the heavily trafficked areas, like door knobs, railings and counters.
- All toys in kindergarten and younger will be sprayed down with a cleaner following service.
- We will have Youth Group this Sunday night, the 15th, at 5:30, but we will cancel next week the 22nd.
All of these decisions are being made to best take care of our people and community during this time, while continuing to share the love of Jesus to others. We will continue to be watching the news and looking for other ways that we can protect our people. If anything changes please stay tuned on our Facebook page and website.
During this time if you are feeling sick, or nervous to come out because of your own illnesses, please stay home. We want you to take care of yourselves during this time, and if there is anything you are in need of please contact us.
Please pray for the people of our community during this time, and be confident that God has given you a sprit of power and love, not fear!
Pastor Luke Maggard